Tales from the Helpdesk pt. 2




(Not me)




I spend my day light hours providing excellent technical support to Physician's offices, attorneys, construction companies and small companies that are frugal enough to outsource their Information Technology needs. More often than not, may day consists of password resets, virus & application issues, etc. But every now and then, I get a real genius on the line. Therefore I bring to you:



Tales from the Helpdesk



HAB: Thank you for calling _______ Support. This HAB



Caller: Hi, HAB.



HAB: How can I help you.



Caller: I moved my compooter to another desk and now I cant get my emails



HAB: Hmmm...Can you get out to the internet.



Caller: I dont know



HAB: Well lets try that first. Open up a web page and go to ****Our remote support site****



Caller: It says the page cannot be displayed.



HAB: Ok. It sounds like you may not be connected to the network.



Caller: Well I just moved my pc to a new desk. I THOUGHT i hooked all dem wires back up.



HAB: Well, let make sure everything is connected



CALLER CRAWLS UNDER DESK



Caller: I found a cable that looks like a big ol phone plug. Should that be connected?



HAB: Yes. That's what your pc uses to communicate



CALLER PLUGS IN THE NEWLY DISCOVERED UNPLUGGED CABLE



Caller: Ok. I plugged it in.....HEY!!!...My emails are coming in. YOU DA MAN, HAB!!!



HAB: *sighs* Thank you for calling














For the first installment, click here













*Show me some love. Leave a comment (Click on "Puffs. Leave yours here")

Greetings to any first time visitors. Be sure to check out my other articles, too. Best place to start is over there on the right under "My Favorite Posts". Thats the best of the best

2 Puffs. Leave yours here.:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the best Remote Management & Monitoring software for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central change management
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!