WE DID IT!!!!!

Aside from my wedding & my kids being born, I cant remember feeling more proud than I did last night. From the first election results from Indiana (are yall still counting!?!?) to the moment he walked off the stage in Grant Park, I was glued to the tube.






The moment I saw this









I realized that tears were flowing. My wife, my mom, even me...all of us emotional. Never in my lifetime did I ever think I would see the day that a black man would be the President.



This is historic.


This is not your typical, FHA post. Im keeping this one serious (Dont worry, I will be back to my same old nonsense soon).

The full weight of whats happened has not fully set in yet. When I posted this article, I was hoping that I would see this day, but I was skeptical as all black people were.


"They aint gonna let no black man live in the white house"


I heard it all.



I saw it all.

People got down right ugly.


But after listening to McCain (who gave one hell of a concession speech...props to BigMac) and Obama, we need to let go of our petty differences and try to build a better country for our kids. Seeing the people in Grant Park, of all different backgrounds, made me realize that this can be a better place.




As I sit hear at my desk, I want to jump up for joy, shout from top of my cubicle, but, i cant. I feel like, regardless of party affiliation, everyone should be proud of what happened last night, but I know thats not the true sentiments. There are some pissed off folks this morning, even here. Being 1 of only 3 non-whites in my entire company, I'm sure everyone expected me to come in here acting a straight jackass, but that not me. Besides, I have been in corporate America for too long. I know they can bounce my Obama-lovin' ass right out the door.on inauguration day and not even think twice. So despite being filled to the brim with joy this morning, I am forced to contain it. I dont mind. As long as we can smile on the inside, no one can take that joy from us. Whats gonna be hard is to take, with a grain of salt, the snide comments that are gonna be heard. The whole "white guilt" argument is gonna be pushed for this election. If he won because of that, then who cares. Just like in sports, a win is a win. As long as there were no dishonest means to the win, he won.

WE WON.




Now, Black America, here is my warning to you. I know you are excited, happy, overjoyed...all that. Dont get out here and piss off these McCain supporters who may be responsible for your livelihood, who may wear a badge, or may even serve your food. You got 2 weeks to celebrate. Then maybe 3 days around inauguration time. After that, its time to get back to the grind.





Despite the joyful news last night, we, as Black Americans, did lose something. Something huge. Something that we have held on to for over 40years. What was it?


An excuse.


We have no excuse for not being the best person we can be.No longer can we say "The man is holding/keeping me down". Last night, a man that looks like you achieved the highest office in the land. So its time for you (I'm including myself) to get up and do just do something! As my widget on the right says "Get Involved".

I already know for the next 2months, I'm gonna have McFadden & Whiteheads song running out of my ears.


It's actually kinda catchy after 1,429th time....




AINT NO STOPPING US NOW......


I will post about this BS later!!!
And damn if we didnt!!!

*Greetings to any first time visitors. Be sure to check out my other articles, too. Best place to start is over there on the right under "My Favorite Posts". Thats the best of the best

0 Puffs. Leave yours here.: